For special studies on membrane and cell properties, anionic (negative charge) groups have been introduced into FITC- dextran.
FITC-CM-dextrans are standard FITC-dextrans carrying carboxymethyl-substituents. The carboxymethyl(CM)-content (4-8%) corresponds to about 1 CM group for every 5 glucose units.
Have you cited this product in a publication? Let us know so we can reference it.
- Sankaran, J. et al. Single microcolony diffusion analysis in Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms. Npj Biofilms Microbiomes 5, 1–10 (2019).
- Li, B. et al. Functionalized polymer microbubbles as new molecular ultrasound contrast agent to target P-selectin in thrombus. Biomaterials 194, 139–150 (2019).
- Kojima, T. & Takayama, S. Patchy Surfaces Stabilize Dextran–Polyethylene Glycol Aqueous Two-Phase System Liquid Patterns. Langmuir 29, 5508–5514 (2013).
- Srikantha, N. et al. Influence of molecular shape, conformability, net surface charge, and tissue interaction on transscleral macromolecular diffusion. Exp. Eye Res. 102, 85–92 (2012).
- Asgeirsson, D., Venturoli, D., Rippe, B. & Rippe, C. Increased glomerular permeability to negatively charged Ficoll relative to neutral Ficoll in rats. Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 291, F1083-1089 (2006).