These products are designed for special studies on membrane and transport properties in cells and tissues. Cationic Diethylaminoethyl groups (positive charge) have been introduced into FITC-dextrans of various molecular weights.
The DEAE-content corresponds to about 1 DEAE group for every 5 glucose units. DEAE-substitution may give rise to two substituents (see figure)
Have you cited this product in a publication? Let us know so we can reference it.
- Sankaran, J. et al. Single microcolony diffusion analysis in Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms. Npj Biofilms Microbiomes 5, 1–10 (2019).
- Nultsch, K. & Germershaus, O. Silk fibroin degumming affects scaffold structure and release of macromolecular drugs. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 106, 254–261 (2017).
- Stewart, S. E. et al. The Perforin Pore Facilitates the Delivery of Cationic Cargos. J. Biol. Chem. 289, 9172–9181 (2014).
- Kojima, T. & Takayama, S. Patchy Surfaces Stabilize Dextran–Polyethylene Glycol Aqueous Two-Phase System Liquid Patterns. Langmuir 29, 5508–5514 (2013).
- Srikantha, N. et al. Influence of molecular shape, conformability, net surface charge, and tissue interaction on transscleral macromolecular diffusion. Exp. Eye Res. 102, 85–92 (2012).
- Dieleman et al. Chronic experimental colitis induced by dextran sulphate sodium (DSS) is characterized by Th1 and Th2 cytokines. Clinical & Experimental Immunology 114, 385–391 (1998).