Charlotte de Belder Tesséus
Company Executive Officer
Charlotte received her B.Sc in Physiotherapy in 1996 and worked for many years at the Department of Neurology, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala University Hospital which is Sweden's oldest university hospital. From 2008 until 2014 she worked as a Lecturer in physiotherapy at the Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University. Since 1990 she has been responsible for Administration and Business Management in TdB Consultancy and is now the Company Executive Officer.
- 1. Frigell J, Cumpstey I. First Synthesis of 4a-Carba-ß-D-galactofuranose. Tetrahedron Lett., 2007, 48, 9073-9076.
- 2. Frigell J, Cumpstey I. Synthesis of Carbadisaccharide Mimics of Galactofuranosides. Tetrahedron Lett., 2009, 50, 5142-5144
- 3. Frigell J, Pearcey J.A, Lowary T, Cumpstey I. Carbasugar Analogues of Galactofuranose: Pseudodisaccharide Mimics of Fragments of Mycobacterial Arabinogalactan. Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2011, 7, 1367-1375.
- 4. Frigell J, Cumpstey I. Carbasugar analogues of galactofuranose: alpha-O-linked derivatives. Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2010, 6, 1127-1131.
- 5. Cumpstey I, Frigell J, Pershagen E, Akhtar T, Moreno-Clavijo E, Robina I, Alonzi D.S, Butters T.D. N-linked neodisaccharides: Synthesis facilitated by the enhanced reactivity of allylic electrophiles, and glycosidase inhibitory activity. Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2011, 7, 1-9
- 6. Frigell J, Eriksson L, Cumpstey I. Carbasugar analogues of galactofuranosides: ß-O-linked derivatives and towards ß-S-linked derivatives. Carb. Res., 2011, 346, 11, 1277-1290
- 7. Frigell J, Garcia I, Gomez-Vallejo V, Llop J, Penades, S. “68Ga-labeled Gold Glyconanoparticles for Exploring Blood-Brain Barrier Permeability: Preparation, Biodistribution Studies, and Improved Brain Uptake via Neuropeptide Conjugation. J. Am. Chem Soc. 2014, 136(1), 449-457.
Shams received her Master's degree in Organic Chemistry 2013 from Stockholm University. During her studies, she taught chemistry to High School students and after graduation worked as a High School Teacher at Josefina skolan. In August 2013, she joined TdB Consultancy as a Research Scientist and a Quality Assurance Manager. In November 2014, she received a diploma in Internal Auditing within ISO 9001:2008. Shams joined the management team in 2019 after receiving a diploma in leadership.
- 1. Kärkäs, M. D., Åkermark, T., Johnston, E. V., Karim, S. R., Laine, T. M., Lee, B.-L., Åkermark, T., Privalov, T. and Åkermark, B. (2012), Water Oxidation by Single-Site Ruthenium Complexes: Using Ligands as Redox and Proton Transfer Mediators . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51: 11589–11593. doi: 10.1002/anie.201205018
Gabriela received her Ph.D. from Tomas Bata University in Zlin in 2016 (Ph.D. thesis entitled ” Tailoring of polylactide properties and its degradation behaviour through various modification approaches”). After graduation, she worked as a R & D Manager and subsequently as a QC Manager at Aveflor, a.s. company based in Czech Republic. She joined TdB Consultancy in May 2019 as a QC responsible for various analytical methods.
Senior Research Scientist
Alexander Paptchikhine received his B.Sc. from Samara State University (1979, Russia) and his PhD from Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Science Moscow, (1987, Russia, Ph. D. thesis entitled "Synthesis of Carbohydrate Modified Nucleosides"). Alexander has been working in Samara State University (research assistant, senior scientist 6 years), BMC (Uppsala, Sweden, postdoc, research assistant, 1991-1995), Pharmacia, Biovitrum (Uppsala; Sweden, Scientist II, 1995-2009), AstraZeneca (Stockholm; Sweden, Scientist, 2010-2012), Karobio (Stockholm; Sweden, Scientist, 2013-2014). During this long scientific career in R & D he acquired experience:
- in developing synthetic routes for novel carbohydrate and heterocycle- modified nucleosides as potential anti-cancer and anti-retro-viral agents as well as new methods for modifying carbohydrates;
- in medicinal and combinatorial chemistry at all stages of project development – hit optimization, hit-to-lead and lead optimization (route development, scaffold synthesis, scale up, synthesis optimization, design and preparation of focused libraries for SAR build-up etc);
- in chemical development in multiple projects. This included multi-step synthesis of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and active metabolites in multi gram scales; evaluation of existing routes provided by medicinal chemists and designing new synthetic routes if necessary;
- in the chemistry of a wide range of classes of organic compounds (heterocycles, carbohydrates, guanidines, fluororganics, coupling chemistry etc).
Alexander joined TdB Consultancy AB in March 2015 as senior research scientist.
Synthesis of 3'-azido- and 3'-amino-3'-deoxyarabinonucleoside 5'-triphosphates and the investigation of their substrate properties in the systems with polynucleotide synthesizing enzymes. A.V. Papchikhin; P.P. Purygin; A.V. Azhajev; A.A. Krayevsky; T.V. Kutateladze; Z.G. Chidgavadze; R.Sh. Bibiblashvili; Bioorg. Chem., (Russia), 1985, 11, pp. 1367-1379
Inhibiting action of some analogues of nucleoside 5'-triphosphates on DNA synthesis catalyzed by polymerase of herprs simplex virus type 1. T.J. Kilesso; V.M. Shobukhov; A.V. Papchikhin; G.A. Galegov; Mol. Genetic, Microbiology and Virology, (Russia), 1987, N 10, pp. 41-44.
Inhibitory effect of 3'-amino- and 3'-azido-3'-deoxyribonucleoside 5'-triphosphates on RNA synthesis catalysed by influenza A viral RNA polymerase and cellular RNA polymerase. N.F. Pravdina; A.V. Papchikhin; P.P. Purygin; G.A. Galegov; Mol. Genetic, Microbiology and Virology, (Russia), 1989, N 1, pp. 29-33.
Selective inhibitors of DNA chain elongation catalysed by DNA polymerases. A.A. Krayevsky; M.K. Kukhanova; A.M. Atrazhev; N.B. Dyatkina; A.V. Papchikhin; Z.G. Chidgavadze; R.Sh. Bibiblashvili; Nucleosides and nucleotides 1988, 7(5&6), pp. 613-617
Conformationally restricted nucleoside 5'-triphosphates as termination substrates for DNA polymerases. Z.G. Chidgavadze; R.Sh. Bibiblashvili; T.A Rozovskaya; N.V. Tarusova; A.M. Atrazhev; N.B.Dyatkina; M.K Kukhanova; A.V. Papchikhin; A.A. Krayevsky; Mol. Biolog. (Russia), 1989, 23, pp. 1732-1742.
X-ray analysis of 2',3'-lyxoanhydrothymidine, a conformationally restricted inhibitor of retroviral reverse transcriptases. G.V. Gurskaya; A.V. Bochkarev; A.S. Zdanov; A.V. Papchikhin; P.P. Purygin; A.A. Krayevsky; FEBS Letters, 1990, 265, pp. 63-66.
Structural features of 2',3'-riboanhydroadenosine, a conformationaly restricted termination substrate of DNA polymerase. G.V. Gurskaya; A.V. Bochkarev; A.S. Zdanov; A.V. Papchikhin; P.P. Purygin; A.A. Krayevsky; Nucleosides and Nucleotides 1992, 11(1), pp. 1-9.
Synthesis of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-nitro-2',3'-didehydrothymidine. Its use as a general intermediate for the preparation of various 2',3'-substituted nucleosides. N. Hossain; A. Papchikhin; N. Garg; I. Federov; J. Chattopadhyaya; Nucleosides and Nucleotides, 1993, 12(5), pp. 499-528.
[4+2] and [3+2] cycloaddition reactions of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-nitro-2',3'-didehydrothymidine with ethyl vinyl ether. A. Papchikhin; P. Agback; J. Plavec; J. Chattopadhyaya; J. Org. Chem., 1993, 58, pp. 2874-2879.
Solution and solid state structure of 2',5'-bis-(O-trityl)-3'-oximinouridine. P. Agback; A. Papchikhin; S. Neidle; J. Chattopadhyaya; Nucleosides and Nucleotides, 1993, 12(6), pp. 605-614.
Synthesis of 2'- and 3'-spiro-isoxazolidine derivatives of thymidine and their conversion to 2',3'-dideoxy-2',3'-didehydro-3'-C-substituted nucleosides by radical promoted fragmentation. N. Hossain; A. Papchikhin; J. Plavec; J. Chattopadhyaya; Tetrahedron. 1993, 49, pp. 10133-10156.
New diastereospecific synthesis of 2',3'-dideoxy-2'- or 3'-C2-branched- or 2',3'-?-fused-isoxazolidine nucleosides directly from the seconucleoside. A. Papchikhin; J. Chattopadhyaya; Tetrahedron. 1994, 50, pp. 5279-5286.
How does the electronegativity of the substituent dictate the strength of the gauche effect? C. Thibaudeau; J. Plavec; N. Garg; A. Papchikhin; J. Chattopadhyaya; J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1994, 116, pp. 4038-4043.
2',3'-Dideoxy-3'-C,2'-N-[(3R,5R)-5-ethoxycarbonyl-2-methyl-1,2-isoxazolidine]ribothymidi-ne. B. M. Burkhart; A. Papchikhin; J. Chattopadhyaya; M. Sundaralingam. Acta Crystallogr., Sect. C: Cryst. Struct. Commun. 1995, C51(7), 1462-4.
The diastereospecific synthesis of new 2',3'-cis-?-fused carbocyclic nucleosides. A. Papchikhin; P. Agback; J. Plavec; J. Chattopadhyaya; Tetrahedron. 1995, 51, pp. 329-342.
2',3'-Dideoxy-3'-nitrothymidine and 2'-propoxy-3'-nitrothymidine. S. Neidle; J. Chattopadhyaya; N. Hossain; A. Papchikhin. Acta Crystallogr., Sect. C: Cryst. Struct. Commun. 1996, C52(12), 3173-3177.
Substituted azolids of ribonucleoside 5'-monophosphates as intermediate products for the synthesis of ribonucleoside 5'-polyphosphates. Pat. USSR N 1491872. 1989. P.P. Purygin; A.A. Krayevsky; Z.P. Belousova; A.V. Papchikhin.
Synthesis of 2'-deoxyxylothymidine, derivatives of D-xylofuranose, and derivatives of xylothymidine. Pat. USSR 2108339 C1. 1998. A.V. Papchikhin, S.A Rumyantseva
Senior Research Scientist
Raffaello Papadakis holds a Chemical Engineering Diploma (2005) and a PhD degree in the field of physical organic chemistry (2010), both from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. During his PhD he specialized in the synthesis of solvatochromic probes and molecular switches. After his PhD he spent about two years in Marseille, France (September 2010–January 2013) working as a researcher at the Institute of Molecular Sciences, CNRS/Aix-Marseille University, in the field of water oxidation catalysts in the research group of Dr. Thierry Tron. He subsequently moved to Uppsala University to join the group of Dr. Henrik Ottosson in 2014. His research interests revolve around physical organic and materials chemistry with an emphasis in the chemistry and photochemistry of graphene and novel covalent organic frameworks as well as polymer chemistry. He is the author and coauthor of 22 scientific papers, two book chapters and he has more than 35 contributions in international conference proceedings. Furthermore, he is an active referee of scientific peer-reviewed papers of world-class chemistry journals and he has acted repeatedly as a scientific expert evaluating international research-grant proposals. Currently he is a senior research scientist at TdB Consultancy AB.
- Hu Li*, Jingwei Liu, Raffaello Papadakis. “Direct measurement of the surface energy of single-walled carbon nanotubes through atomic force microscopy” J. App. Phys. 2019, 126, 065105. DOI: 10.1063/1.5108935
- Raffaello Papadakis,* Ioanna Deligkiozi, Katarzyna Nowak. “Study of the preferential solvation effects in binary solvent mixtures with use of intensely solvatochromic azobenzene involving rotaxane solutes” J.Mol.Liq.2019, 274, 715–723. DOI: 10.1016/j.molliq.2018.10.164
- Jiangwei Liu, Song Chen, Raffaello Papadakis,* Hu Li* “Nanoresolution pattering of hydrogenated graphene by electron beam induced C-H dissociation”. Nanotechnology (IOP Science) 2018, 29 (41) 415304. DOI: 10.1088/1361-6528/aad651
- Hu Li, Raffaello Papadakis, S. Hassan. M. Jafri, Thomas Thersleff, Henrik Ottosson and Klaus Leifer* “Superadhesion of Graphene Nanoscrolls”. Communication Physics (Nature) 2018, 1, 44. DOI: 10.1038/s42005-018-0043-2.
- Jiangwei Liu, Song Chen, Raffaello Papadakis, Hu Li* “Determination of surface energy of gold nanoparticles through atomic force microscopy. Experimental observation of size-dependent surface energy”Appl. Phys. Lett.2018, 113, 083108. DOI: 10.1063/1.5046736.
- Maria-Chrysanthi Kafentzi,‡ Raffaello Papadakis,‡ Federica Gennarini, Amélie Kochem, Olga Iranzo, Yves Le Mest, Nicolas Le Poul, Thierry Tron, Bruno Faure, Marius Réglier, A. Jalila Simaan* “Electrochemical water oxidation and stereo-selective oxygen atom transfer mediated by a copper complex” Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 5213-5224 DOI: 10.1002/chem.201704613
- Anna Lundstedt,‡ Raffaello Papadakis,‡ Hu Li,‡ Yuanyuan Han, Kjell Jorner, Joakim Bergman, Klaus Leifer, Helena Grennberg, Henrik Ottosson* “White-light photoassisted covalent functionalization of graphene using 2-propanol” Small Methods, 2017, 1, 1700214. DOI: 10.1002/smtd.201700214.
- Rabia Ayub, Raffaello Papadakis, Kjell Jorner, Burkhard Zietz and Henrik Ottosson*“The Cyclopropyl Group: An Excited State Aromaticity Indicator?” Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 13684–13695. DOI: 10.1002/chem.201701404
- Raffaello Papadakis*“Solute-centric versus indicator-centric solvent polarity parameters in binary solvent mixtures. Determining the contribution of local solvent basicity to the solvatochromism of ferrocyanide(II) dyes” J. Mol. Liq. 2017, 241, 211–221.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2017.05.147
- Raffaello Papadakis, Hu Li, Joakim Bergman, Anna Lundstedt, Kjell Jorner, Rabia Ayub, Burkhard Jahn, Soumyajyoti Haldar, Aleksandra Denisova, Burkhard Zietz, Roland Lindh, Biplab Sanyal, Helena Grennberg, Klaus Leifer and Henrik Ottosson* “Metal-Free Photochemical Silylations and Transfer Hydrogenations of Benzenoid Hydrocarbons and Graphene” Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 12962. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms12962
- Raffaello Papadakis* “Preferential solvation of a highly medium responsive pentacyanoferrate(II) complex in binary solvent mixtures. Understanding the role of dielectric enrichment and the specificity of solute-solvent interactions” J. Phys. Chem. B, 2016, 120, 9422−9433. DOI : 10.1021/acs.jpcb.6b05868
- Raffaello Papadakis,* Ioanna Deligkiozi, Michel Giorgi, Bruno Faure and Athanase Tsolomitis “Supramolecular complexes of non-symmetric viologens cations and hexacyanoferrate(II) anions. A spectroscopic and crystallographic study”. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 575–585. DOI: 10.1039/C5RA16732A.
- Raffaello Papadakis, Henrik Ottosson*“The excited state antiaromatic benzene ring: A molecular Mr. Hyde?” Chem. Soc. Rev. 2015, 44, 6472-6493. DOI: 10.1039/c5cs00057b. Part of themed collection: Challenges in Aromaticity: 150 Years after Kekulé’s Benzene.
- Ioanna Deligkiozi, Evangelos Voyiatzis, Athanase Tsolomitis, Raffaello Papadakis* “Synthesis and characterization of new azobenzene-containing bis pentacyanoferrate(II) stoppered push-pull rotaxanes, with α- and β-cyclodextrin. Towards highly medium responsive dyes.” Dyes Pigment., 2015, 113, 709–722. DOI: 10.1016/j.dyepig.2014.10.005 (Highlighted on Advances in Engineering, April 2015)
- Raffaello Papadakis*“The solvatochromic behavior and degree of ionicity of a synthesized pentacyano (N-sub-stituted-4,4'-bipyridinium) ferrate(II) complex in different media. Tuning the solvatochromic intensity in aqueous glucose solutions”. Chem. Phys., 2014, 430, 29–39. DOI: 10.1016/j.chemphys.2013.12.008
- Raffaello Papadakis Eric Riviere, Michel Giorgi, Pierre Rousselot-Pailley, Marius Réglier, Jalila A. Simaan* and Thierry Tron.“Structural and magnetic characterization of a tetranuclear copper(II) cubane stabilized by intra-molecular metal cation-π interactions” Inorg.Chem. 2013, 52, 5824-5830. DOI:10.1021/ic3027545
- Ioanna Deligkiozi, Raffaello Papadakis*, and Athanase Tsolomitis“Photoconductive properties of a π-conjugated a-cyclodextrin containing rotaxane and its corresponding molecular dumbbell”. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2013, 15, 3497-3503. DOI: 10.1039/c3cp43794a.
- Raffaello Papadakis*, Ioanna Deligkiozi and Athanase Tsolomitis. “Synthesis and characterization of a group of new medium responsive non symmetric viologens. Chromotropism and structural effects” Dyes Pigment. 2012, 95, 478-484. DOI: 10.1016/j.dyepig.2012.06.013
- Ioanna Deligkiozi, Raffaello Papadakis and Athanase Tsolomitis* “Synthesis characterization and photoswitchability of a new rotaxane of α-cyclodextrin with a diazobenzene containing π-conjugated molecular dumbbell” Supramol. Chem. 2012, 24, 333-343. DOI:10.1080/10610278.2012.660529
- Raffaello Papadakis* and Athanase Tsolomitis. “Solvatochromism and preferential solvation in binary mixtures of hydroxylic and non hydroxylic solvents, of 4-pentacyanoferrate 4'-aryl substituted bipyridinium complexes” J. Solution Chem., 2011, 40, 1108-1125. DOI: 10.1007/s10953-011-9697-z.
- Raffaello Papadakis, Ioanna Deligkiozi, and Athanase Tsolomitis*“Spectroscopic investigation of the solvatochromic behavior of a new synthesized non symmetric viologen dye. Study of the solvent-solute interactions” Anal. Bional. Chem. 2010, 397, 2253-2259. DOI: 10.1007/s00216-010-3792-7.
- Raffaello Papadakis and Athanase Tsolomitis*“Study of the correlations of the MLCT Vis-absorption maxima of 4-pentacyanoferrate-4΄-aryl substituted bispyridinium complexes with the Hammett substituent parameters and the solvent polarity parameters ΕTN and AN” J. Phys. Org. Chem., 2009, 22, 515-521. DOI: 10.1002/poc.1514.
- Raffaello Papadakis*, Ioanna Deligkiozi. “Solvent Effects in Supramolecular systems”Chapter in: Solvents and Solvent Effects. Editor Dr. Daniel Glossman-Mitnik (InTech–Open Science) DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.86981.
- Raffaello Papadakis*, Ioanna Deligkiozi, Hu Li. “Photoconductive interlocked molecules and macromolecules”Chapter in: Photodiodes. Editor Prof. Kuan Chee (InTech – Open Science). DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.79798.
Jennifer received her master’s degree in Molecular Biotechnology Engineering from Uppsala university in 2016. Jennifer has previously worked as a Research Engineer and a Market Analyst within the biotechnology field. As a Marketing Manager at TdB, she has the main responsibility of all market- and sales related topics. Contact her with any sales- and market related questions as well as technical questions regarding all our products and she will be happy to help you!
Tony de Belder
BSc PhD MRCS
Director, Scientific Consultant
Tony received his B.Sc. from University College London and thereafter continued on a PhD programme involving carbohydrate derivatives of ferrocene. After a series of post-docs. (Royal Holloway College, Univ. of London and Träforsknings Institute in Stockholm), he then began a long career in R & D at Pharmacia, Uppsala in a department devoted to applications of polysaccharides and their derivatives as pharmaceuticals. The research was mostly directed on dextran and dextran derivatives. This work naturally involved not only chemistry but also intimate contact with quality assurance and quality control, pharmacological and formulation issues including stability and bioassays.
In 1990, Tony started a consultancy company and began to market a limited range of products for research, in particular a special dextran sulphate fraction (known now as DSS) for research on ulcerous colitis. As a consultant, he worked extensively for Amersham Biosciences developing new dextran products and documentation. During this time he also helped major pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotech. organisations in Sweden and abroad on diverse projects mostly involving dextran.
In 2009. the company moved to new premises in Uppsala Business Park and begun a period of expansion.
Tony is a Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and has contributed extensively to scientific journals, reviews and encyclopedias on many aspects of carbohydrates but mostly dextran related topics. A selection of these publications is given below.
- 1. A.N.de Belder, E.J.Bourne and J.B.Pridham, ß-Glucopyranosides of Hydroxymethyl- and Hydroxyethyl-ferrocene, J.Chem.Soc., 1961, 879, 4464-4467.
- 2. A.N.de Belder, B.Lindberg and O.Theander, Partial methylation Studies on methyl ß-D-Glucopyranoside and some Derivatives, Acta Chem. Scand., 1962, 16, 2005-2009.
- 3. A.N.de Belder, P.J.Garegg, B.Lindberg et al., The Preparation of 2-tetrahydropyranyl ß-D-Glcopyranosides and methyl 4-(2-tetrahydropyranyl) –ß-D-glucopyanosides, Acta Chem. Scand., 1962, 16, 623-628.
- 4. A.N.de Belder, E.J.Bourne and H.Weigel, Studies on tert-butyl derivatives of D-Glucose, Carbohyd.Res.,1966, 3, 1-6.
- 5. A.N.de Belder, B.Lindberg and S.Svensson, Synthesis of Keto-dextrans, Acta Chem. Scand., 1968, 22, 949-952.
- 6. A.N.de Belder and B.Norrman, The Distribution of substituents in Partially Acetylated Dextran, Carbohyd. Chem., 1968, 8, 1-6.
- 7. A.N.de Belder and B.Norrman, The Substitution Patterns of O-(2-hydroxyethyl)starch and O-(2-hydroxyethyl)dextran, 1969, 10, 391-394.
- 8. K.A.Granath, R.Strömberg and A.N.de Belder, Studies on Hydroxyethyl Starch, Die Stärke, 1969, 21, 251-256.
- 9. A.W.Richter and A.N.de Belder, Antibodies against Hydroxyethylstarch produced in Rabbits by Immunisation with a Protein-Hydroxyethylstarch conjugate, Int.Archs Allergy Appl. Immun., 1976, 52, 307-314.
- 10. A.N.de Belder and K.Granath, Preparation and Properties of Fluorescein-labelled dextrans, Carbohydr. Chem., 1973, 30, 375-378.
- 11. A.N.de Belder and K.O.Wik, Preparation and Properties of Fluorescein-labelled hyaluronate, Carbohydr. Chem., 1975, 44, 251-257.
- 12. A.N.de Belder and E.Wirén, Convenient synthesis of 2-substituted derivatives of methyl alpha-D-glucoside. Carbohyd.Res., 1972, 24, 166-168.
- 13. L.Ahrgren and A.N.de Belder, The action of Fenton's reagent on Dextran, Die Stärke, 1975, 27, 121-123.
- 14. A.N.de Belder, Cyclic acetals of the aldoses and aldosides, in Advances Carbohydr.Chem.,1965, 20, 219-302.
- 15. A.N.de Belder, Dextran in ‘Industrial Gums’, Academic Press, N.Y. 1993, 399-425.
- 16. A.N.de Belder, Dextran in ‘Ullman’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, Wiley, 2009.