Charlotte de Belder Tesséus
Company Executive Officer
Charlotte received her B.Sc in Physiotherapy in 1996 and worked for many years at the Department of Neurology, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala University Hospital which is Sweden's oldest university hospital. From 2008 until 2014 she worked as a Lecturer in physiotherapy at the Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University. Since 1990 she has been responsible for Administration and Business Management in TdB Consultancy and is now the Company Executive Officer.
- 1. Frigell J, Cumpstey I. First Synthesis of 4a-Carba-ß-D-galactofuranose. Tetrahedron Lett., 2007, 48, 9073-9076.
- 2. Frigell J, Cumpstey I. Synthesis of Carbadisaccharide Mimics of Galactofuranosides. Tetrahedron Lett., 2009, 50, 5142-5144
- 3. Frigell J, Pearcey J.A, Lowary T, Cumpstey I. Carbasugar Analogues of Galactofuranose: Pseudodisaccharide Mimics of Fragments of Mycobacterial Arabinogalactan. Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2011, 7, 1367-1375.
- 4. Frigell J, Cumpstey I. Carbasugar analogues of galactofuranose: alpha-O-linked derivatives. Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2010, 6, 1127-1131.
- 5. Cumpstey I, Frigell J, Pershagen E, Akhtar T, Moreno-Clavijo E, Robina I, Alonzi D.S, Butters T.D. N-linked neodisaccharides: Synthesis facilitated by the enhanced reactivity of allylic electrophiles, and glycosidase inhibitory activity. Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2011, 7, 1-9
- 6. Frigell J, Eriksson L, Cumpstey I. Carbasugar analogues of galactofuranosides: ß-O-linked derivatives and towards ß-S-linked derivatives. Carb. Res., 2011, 346, 11, 1277-1290
- 7. Frigell J, Garcia I, Gomez-Vallejo V, Llop J, Penades, S. “68Ga-labeled Gold Glyconanoparticles for Exploring Blood-Brain Barrier Permeability: Preparation, Biodistribution Studies, and Improved Brain Uptake via Neuropeptide Conjugation. J. Am. Chem Soc. 2014, 136(1), 449-457.
Shams received her Master's degree in Organic Chemistry 2013 from Stockholm University. During her studies, she taught chemistry to High School students and after graduation worked as a High School Teacher at Josefina skolan. In August 2013, she joined TdB Consultancy as a Research Scientist and a Quality Assurance Manager. In November 2014, she received a diploma in Internal Auditing within ISO 9001:2008. Shams joined the management team in 2019 after receiving a diploma in leadership.
- 1. Kärkäs, M. D., Åkermark, T., Johnston, E. V., Karim, S. R., Laine, T. M., Lee, B.-L., Åkermark, T., Privalov, T. and Åkermark, B. (2012), Water Oxidation by Single-Site Ruthenium Complexes: Using Ligands as Redox and Proton Transfer Mediators . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51: 11589–11593. doi: 10.1002/anie.201205018
Gabriela received her Ph.D. from Tomas Bata University in Zlin in 2016 (Ph.D. thesis entitled ” Tailoring of polylactide properties and its degradation behaviour through various modification approaches”). After graduation, she worked as a R & D Manager and subsequently as a QC Manager at Aveflor, a.s. company based in Czech Republic. She joined TdB Consultancy in May 2019 as a QC responsible for various analytical methods.
Senior Research Scientist
Alexander Paptchikhine received his B.Sc. from Samara State University (1979, Russia) and his PhD from Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Science Moscow, (1987, Russia, Ph. D. thesis entitled "Synthesis of Carbohydrate Modified Nucleosides"). Alexander has been working in Samara State University (research assistant, senior scientist 6 years), BMC (Uppsala, Sweden, postdoc, research assistant, 1991-1995), Pharmacia, Biovitrum (Uppsala; Sweden, Scientist II, 1995-2009), AstraZeneca (Stockholm; Sweden, Scientist, 2010-2012), Karobio (Stockholm; Sweden, Scientist, 2013-2014). During this long scientific career in R & D he acquired experience:
- in developing synthetic routes for novel carbohydrate and heterocycle- modified nucleosides as potential anti-cancer and anti-retro-viral agents as well as new methods for modifying carbohydrates;
- in medicinal and combinatorial chemistry at all stages of project development – hit optimization, hit-to-lead and lead optimization (route development, scaffold synthesis, scale up, synthesis optimization, design and preparation of focused libraries for SAR build-up etc);
- in chemical development in multiple projects. This included multi-step synthesis of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and active metabolites in multi gram scales; evaluation of existing routes provided by medicinal chemists and designing new synthetic routes if necessary;
- in the chemistry of a wide range of classes of organic compounds (heterocycles, carbohydrates, guanidines, fluororganics, coupling chemistry etc).
Alexander joined TdB Consultancy AB in March 2015 as senior research scientist.
Synthesis of 3'-azido- and 3'-amino-3'-deoxyarabinonucleoside 5'-triphosphates and the investigation of their substrate properties in the systems with polynucleotide synthesizing enzymes. A.V. Papchikhin; P.P. Purygin; A.V. Azhajev; A.A. Krayevsky; T.V. Kutateladze; Z.G. Chidgavadze; R.Sh. Bibiblashvili; Bioorg. Chem., (Russia), 1985, 11, pp. 1367-1379
Inhibiting action of some analogues of nucleoside 5'-triphosphates on DNA synthesis catalyzed by polymerase of herprs simplex virus type 1. T.J. Kilesso; V.M. Shobukhov; A.V. Papchikhin; G.A. Galegov; Mol. Genetic, Microbiology and Virology, (Russia), 1987, N 10, pp. 41-44.
Inhibitory effect of 3'-amino- and 3'-azido-3'-deoxyribonucleoside 5'-triphosphates on RNA synthesis catalysed by influenza A viral RNA polymerase and cellular RNA polymerase. N.F. Pravdina; A.V. Papchikhin; P.P. Purygin; G.A. Galegov; Mol. Genetic, Microbiology and Virology, (Russia), 1989, N 1, pp. 29-33.
Selective inhibitors of DNA chain elongation catalysed by DNA polymerases. A.A. Krayevsky; M.K. Kukhanova; A.M. Atrazhev; N.B. Dyatkina; A.V. Papchikhin; Z.G. Chidgavadze; R.Sh. Bibiblashvili; Nucleosides and nucleotides 1988, 7(5&6), pp. 613-617
Conformationally restricted nucleoside 5'-triphosphates as termination substrates for DNA polymerases. Z.G. Chidgavadze; R.Sh. Bibiblashvili; T.A Rozovskaya; N.V. Tarusova; A.M. Atrazhev; N.B.Dyatkina; M.K Kukhanova; A.V. Papchikhin; A.A. Krayevsky; Mol. Biolog. (Russia), 1989, 23, pp. 1732-1742.
X-ray analysis of 2',3'-lyxoanhydrothymidine, a conformationally restricted inhibitor of retroviral reverse transcriptases. G.V. Gurskaya; A.V. Bochkarev; A.S. Zdanov; A.V. Papchikhin; P.P. Purygin; A.A. Krayevsky; FEBS Letters, 1990, 265, pp. 63-66.
Structural features of 2',3'-riboanhydroadenosine, a conformationaly restricted termination substrate of DNA polymerase. G.V. Gurskaya; A.V. Bochkarev; A.S. Zdanov; A.V. Papchikhin; P.P. Purygin; A.A. Krayevsky; Nucleosides and Nucleotides 1992, 11(1), pp. 1-9.
Synthesis of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-nitro-2',3'-didehydrothymidine. Its use as a general intermediate for the preparation of various 2',3'-substituted nucleosides. N. Hossain; A. Papchikhin; N. Garg; I. Federov; J. Chattopadhyaya; Nucleosides and Nucleotides, 1993, 12(5), pp. 499-528.
[4+2] and [3+2] cycloaddition reactions of 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-nitro-2',3'-didehydrothymidine with ethyl vinyl ether. A. Papchikhin; P. Agback; J. Plavec; J. Chattopadhyaya; J. Org. Chem., 1993, 58, pp. 2874-2879.
Solution and solid state structure of 2',5'-bis-(O-trityl)-3'-oximinouridine. P. Agback; A. Papchikhin; S. Neidle; J. Chattopadhyaya; Nucleosides and Nucleotides, 1993, 12(6), pp. 605-614.
Synthesis of 2'- and 3'-spiro-isoxazolidine derivatives of thymidine and their conversion to 2',3'-dideoxy-2',3'-didehydro-3'-C-substituted nucleosides by radical promoted fragmentation. N. Hossain; A. Papchikhin; J. Plavec; J. Chattopadhyaya; Tetrahedron. 1993, 49, pp. 10133-10156.
New diastereospecific synthesis of 2',3'-dideoxy-2'- or 3'-C2-branched- or 2',3'-?-fused-isoxazolidine nucleosides directly from the seconucleoside. A. Papchikhin; J. Chattopadhyaya; Tetrahedron. 1994, 50, pp. 5279-5286.
How does the electronegativity of the substituent dictate the strength of the gauche effect? C. Thibaudeau; J. Plavec; N. Garg; A. Papchikhin; J. Chattopadhyaya; J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1994, 116, pp. 4038-4043.
2',3'-Dideoxy-3'-C,2'-N-[(3R,5R)-5-ethoxycarbonyl-2-methyl-1,2-isoxazolidine]ribothymidi-ne. B. M. Burkhart; A. Papchikhin; J. Chattopadhyaya; M. Sundaralingam. Acta Crystallogr., Sect. C: Cryst. Struct. Commun. 1995, C51(7), 1462-4.
The diastereospecific synthesis of new 2',3'-cis-?-fused carbocyclic nucleosides. A. Papchikhin; P. Agback; J. Plavec; J. Chattopadhyaya; Tetrahedron. 1995, 51, pp. 329-342.
2',3'-Dideoxy-3'-nitrothymidine and 2'-propoxy-3'-nitrothymidine. S. Neidle; J. Chattopadhyaya; N. Hossain; A. Papchikhin. Acta Crystallogr., Sect. C: Cryst. Struct. Commun. 1996, C52(12), 3173-3177.
Substituted azolids of ribonucleoside 5'-monophosphates as intermediate products for the synthesis of ribonucleoside 5'-polyphosphates. Pat. USSR N 1491872. 1989. P.P. Purygin; A.A. Krayevsky; Z.P. Belousova; A.V. Papchikhin.
Synthesis of 2'-deoxyxylothymidine, derivatives of D-xylofuranose, and derivatives of xylothymidine. Pat. USSR 2108339 C1. 1998. A.V. Papchikhin, S.A Rumyantseva
Jennifer received her master’s degree in Molecular Biotechnology Engineering from Uppsala university in 2016. Jennifer has previously worked as a Research Engineer and a Market Analyst within the biotechnology field. As a Marketing Manager at TdB, she has the main responsibility of all market- and sales related topics. Contact her with any sales- and market related questions as well as technical questions regarding all our products and she will be happy to help you!
Tony de Belder
BSc PhD MRCS
Director, Scientific Consultant
Tony received his B.Sc. from University College London and thereafter continued on a PhD programme involving carbohydrate derivatives of ferrocene. After a series of post-docs. (Royal Holloway College, Univ. of London and Träforsknings Institute in Stockholm), he then began a long career in R & D at Pharmacia, Uppsala in a department devoted to applications of polysaccharides and their derivatives as pharmaceuticals. The research was mostly directed on dextran and dextran derivatives. This work naturally involved not only chemistry but also intimate contact with quality assurance and quality control, pharmacological and formulation issues including stability and bioassays.
In 1990, Tony started a consultancy company and began to market a limited range of products for research, in particular a special dextran sulphate fraction (known now as DSS) for research on ulcerous colitis. As a consultant, he worked extensively for Amersham Biosciences developing new dextran products and documentation. During this time he also helped major pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotech. organisations in Sweden and abroad on diverse projects mostly involving dextran.
In 2009. the company moved to new premises in Uppsala Business Park and begun a period of expansion.
Tony is a Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and has contributed extensively to scientific journals, reviews and encyclopedias on many aspects of carbohydrates but mostly dextran related topics. A selection of these publications is given below.
- 1. A.N.de Belder, E.J.Bourne and J.B.Pridham, ß-Glucopyranosides of Hydroxymethyl- and Hydroxyethyl-ferrocene, J.Chem.Soc., 1961, 879, 4464-4467.
- 2. A.N.de Belder, B.Lindberg and O.Theander, Partial methylation Studies on methyl ß-D-Glucopyranoside and some Derivatives, Acta Chem. Scand., 1962, 16, 2005-2009.
- 3. A.N.de Belder, P.J.Garegg, B.Lindberg et al., The Preparation of 2-tetrahydropyranyl ß-D-Glcopyranosides and methyl 4-(2-tetrahydropyranyl) –ß-D-glucopyanosides, Acta Chem. Scand., 1962, 16, 623-628.
- 4. A.N.de Belder, E.J.Bourne and H.Weigel, Studies on tert-butyl derivatives of D-Glucose, Carbohyd.Res.,1966, 3, 1-6.
- 5. A.N.de Belder, B.Lindberg and S.Svensson, Synthesis of Keto-dextrans, Acta Chem. Scand., 1968, 22, 949-952.
- 6. A.N.de Belder and B.Norrman, The Distribution of substituents in Partially Acetylated Dextran, Carbohyd. Chem., 1968, 8, 1-6.
- 7. A.N.de Belder and B.Norrman, The Substitution Patterns of O-(2-hydroxyethyl)starch and O-(2-hydroxyethyl)dextran, 1969, 10, 391-394.
- 8. K.A.Granath, R.Strömberg and A.N.de Belder, Studies on Hydroxyethyl Starch, Die Stärke, 1969, 21, 251-256.
- 9. A.W.Richter and A.N.de Belder, Antibodies against Hydroxyethylstarch produced in Rabbits by Immunisation with a Protein-Hydroxyethylstarch conjugate, Int.Archs Allergy Appl. Immun., 1976, 52, 307-314.
- 10. A.N.de Belder and K.Granath, Preparation and Properties of Fluorescein-labelled dextrans, Carbohydr. Chem., 1973, 30, 375-378.
- 11. A.N.de Belder and K.O.Wik, Preparation and Properties of Fluorescein-labelled hyaluronate, Carbohydr. Chem., 1975, 44, 251-257.
- 12. A.N.de Belder and E.Wirén, Convenient synthesis of 2-substituted derivatives of methyl alpha-D-glucoside. Carbohyd.Res., 1972, 24, 166-168.
- 13. L.Ahrgren and A.N.de Belder, The action of Fenton's reagent on Dextran, Die Stärke, 1975, 27, 121-123.
- 14. A.N.de Belder, Cyclic acetals of the aldoses and aldosides, in Advances Carbohydr.Chem.,1965, 20, 219-302.
- 15. A.N.de Belder, Dextran in ‘Industrial Gums’, Academic Press, N.Y. 1993, 399-425.
- 16. A.N.de Belder, Dextran in ‘Ullman’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, Wiley, 2009.